Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Friday

92. Bayview Hotel - Revolving Restaurant

It was my last night in Penang and I'd decided to have dinner in the Revolving Restaurant. The REvolving Restaurant is the crown jewel of Bayview Hotel. You get a 360 º view of Penang Island and they serve a buffet dinner daily. I love buffets - you can eat what you want and as much as you want or as little as you want, although I've noticed whenever I've had a buffet meal I don't really overeat. There's only so much food one's stomach can hold after all. No sense in stuffing one's face like a pig - you'd end up feeling like a beached whale with gastric problems!


Above: Revolving restaurant
The cuisine offered is local and western so there's something to suit everybody. Here you can see the dessert section. I had arrived a little late and many people were onto their dessert course.

Above: Desserts
A selection of desserts. I must say for all that I loved the Bayview I found the desserts very sweet. I'd be happy with such mundane treats as baked custards, bread and butter pudding, chocolate mud cake and the ever popular "pav". Pav being short for pavlova of course. And real cream. Perhaps it's because of the tropical heat that fresh cream isn't used. I guess we're somewhat spoilt in Australia where fresh cream is readily available. That said, if I'm lucky enough to visit Penang again I would stay at the Bayview, and yes, I'd still eat in the Revolving Restaurant.

Above: Entrance doors
Did you know it takes a full hour (60 minutes) to make a complete revolution? Now that's something - you can be eating an entree looking in one direction and by your next course have a completely different view! Marvelous. Muted coffer lighting gives an ambience that is relaxed and romantic which adds to the feeling of being removed from the hum-drum of everyday and transports you to a special place.

Above: Ceiling designs
The ceiling is decorated with signs of the Zodiac. This is Capricorn - sign of the goat.

Above: Entertainment
After dinner, I went down to the Lobby Lounge for a bit. It was a lovely way to round of the day and one of the lasses working there was ever so helpful. I'd said I hadn't had a cappucino since I left home. Do you serve cappucino here I asked? It was too late really for coffee making but she brought me over a cappucino as a surprise. It was definitely not a cappucino in any way, shape or form. Actually it was more like Viennese coffee without the cream. I thanked her and told her it was a lovely cup of coffee.

All too soon it was time to return to my room and finish packing my suitcase.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...