Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

83. Gurney Drive & Gurney Plaza

After leaving the Botanic Gardens, we made our way to Gurney Drive and Gurney Plaza. The orchid show was on when I was in Penang and I was told it was at the Plaza, but try as I might, I couldn't find it. No matter, Gurney Plaza was a delightful place and I had a wonderful time looking around.

Above: Majlis Perbandaran
As we made our way along Gurney Drive the above artwork is in front of the local council building.

Above: Facing the bay
This is the view standing outside Gurney Place facing the bay.

Gurney Plaza
Gurney Plaza, a 7 level shopping complex is Penang’s premier shopping and entertainment destination and overlooks Gurney Drive, noted for its food selections. It combines elegance and style and has over 400 brands, a fitness center and a 12-hall cinema complex.
Above: Gurney Plaza
I loved the bright colours and clean lines of the escalators. Everything looked so fresh.

Bridal Fair
There was an exhibition, or show of the most beautiful bridal gowns on display and the designers of the creations were there as well. One thing that I thought was very well done were dolls in matching bridal gowns.
Above: Bridal exhibition

Above: Wedding Exposition
If you enlarge the picture, you will see the dolls in matching outfits.

Above: The designers
Another view taken from the other side. The wrought iron arch was decorated with variegated ivy leaves and and large fluffy 'balls' in a yellow/green combination.

Above: Gurney Plaza Escalators
Another view of the lovely escalators in the middle of the complex.

Lunch
I had just enough time left to grab a bite to eat and decided to eat outside and enjoy the view. There are several very nice restaurants and eateries with a very nice price tag. So I did something I don't do at home - I went to McDonalds. The last time I had McDonalds was many years ago. I must say, the fare in Penang tasted much better than the usual rubbish available. (As you have probably have guessed, I'm not a Maccas fan.)

Above: Lunch
I sat at this table and had the company of two delightful little boys. The photo on the right shows a row of outdoor table and chairs at Gurney Place facing Gurney Drive.

Above: Gurney Place
All too soon, it was time to meet my driver and head back to my hotel. He had arranged to pick me up just outside this sign. This is my last view of an incredible place.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...