Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

72. Kopi Tiam

The Joy of Going First Class
Although staying at the Bayview was really out of my budget, I decided I might never get the chance again to stay in a place like this, and I was going to enjoy it and not worry about the expense. It was a good decision too, because for once I enjoyed doing things I wouldn't normally do.

The hotel did a buffet breakfast - 28myr + 15% = 32.20, which calculated into Aussie dollars is around $9.70.


Above: Buffet Breakfast in the Kopi Tiam
Breakfast is held in the Kopi Tiam, a beautiful room with marble tables, timber chairs and a great range of different food choices. I enjoyed hash browns, scrambled egg, quiche, roti canai with egg, orange juice, mango juice, tomato, cucumber, pineapple, mango and honeydew melon followed by coffee, The tea was crappy, but the coffee was good.

Above Kopi Tiam
Lovely artworks and murals decorate the end wall, with gold leaf around the "frame" and on the cornices. The lighting is subdued, but bright enough to read a book and the whole places denotes class and elegance.

Above: Chef making Roti canai
I elected to eat outside which is still undercover with a small pond/pool and plenty of greenery.

Watch the video
I made a short video of Chef making roti canai and set it to hip-hop music




Above: Outdoor dining
One of the outdoor plants. At the end of the stainless steel food coverings, you can see the start of the pond in the far left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...