Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Monday

66. Sunset at Angkor Wat

As I said in my earlier post, as I didn't have a guide it was a case of keep your eyes and ears open. I looked and listened and if I thought I saw a guide, I unashamedly listened in! Not knowing where the "best" spot was to witness the sunset, or indeed, nor knowing what to look for and where I should look, and what I was "supposed" to be seeing, I wandered around listening to people talk.

Realising the only way I could face was west, I set about trying to find the "best" spot.

 
Above: Peeking through
The sun was getting lower in the sky and here is the silhouette of one of libraries I think it is with the sun peeping between the posts.


Above: Orange glow
The sun just before it started sinking below the horizon. The halo around the sun had changed from yellow to a salmon pink.

Above: Balloon Sunset
The sun and the hot air balloon.

Above: South west
Moving to the other side of the causeway, the sun is surrounded by a pink sky.

Above: Fireball
The last photo I took - anything more would have been not worthy.


Above: Reflections on Water
The moat around Angkow Wat. This view is facing south west.

The trip back - Nightride
After watching the sun sink below the horizon, it was time to head back. It was strange to be driving along the road in darkness, when only a few hours earlier it was bright with the heat of the day and the glow of the sun. There were police posted along the long avenue back (the only road into and out of town to Angkor Wat) every 100 metres or so. Some were in twos, some alone. No thieves or baddies would dare make trouble with the local constabulary in attendance!

Night Stalls and Bright Lights
As we drove into the darkness, I spotted a few night stalls here and there. One place advertised "Happy Hour" - 3pm to 10 pm with Draft beer at 50 cents and Cocktails for $1.50. That's waay cheaper than back hom in Australia - you couldn't even buy a box of matches for that price. I was surprised at the number of people out and about, then again maybe I shouldn't have been. This after all is Siem Reap and it is after all a very big tourist attraction, not to metnion when the sun goes down, people come out when the air is cooler.

Night Scenes
A collection of different scenes and spots along the way on the ride through the night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...