Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Thursday

33. Berjaya Times Square

I may not have had the time to see as much as I'd have liked, but - I did get to do the one thing I really, really wanted to. A fish spa, I wanted a fish spa and this was tops on my list of things to do. I had asked the lovely ladies at the Malaysian Information Centre could they recommend a place, and the general consensus was - "There's a place in Berjaya Times Square" near Bintang Walk. Tourist bus stop no 6. Now this, I knew, was a bit of a hike from where the bus stop was, and I asked were there any other places. (Back home there had been a few recommendations for places in/near Chinatown). The ladies told me, yes, there are other places but the one they would recommend was the Berjaya one. It was a big place, and had a good reputation. So - Berjaya Times Square it was.


Above: Bread History
When I stepped off the bus, I looked at the little map and Berjaya didn't seem too far away - just walkd straight down here I was told and it's on your left just after the big red building. I walked along the street - and walked, and walked, and walked. But the big red building I'd been told about didn't make an appearance. So, I checked the map again. Keep on walking, weaving in and around the multitude of shoppers, here was a spot for a coffee, with some lovely palms. Sitting on the fence/ledge around the palms, I sat and had a smoke. A few other people had the same idea - obviously overseas visitors like myself.

Time to get moving, I eventually came the the end of the street - it was either left or turn right. I went left. AFter a few stops and starts, and asking for directions, I finally found it. (Funny thing, on my way back, I realised I had gone the long way - I couyld take a short cut to the left and walk up a street and voila! There I was, back on the main thoroughfare in only a few minutes.)

This is the entrance to Berjaya Times Square, there's a hotel on the right, I mistakenly went there and was nicely directed to the shopping centre next door. I rather liked this sign "Bread History" with what I thought was a cup of steaming hot tea next to it. but on closer inspection is in reality a loaf of bread just out of the oven - hence the steam arising from it.



Above: Berjaya Times Square
Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as these classic lines? The swoop and curves if each level around the escalators and the colours used made it feel warm and inviting. I rode up, then down, the escalators trying to find the shop.


Above: Let's go shopping
Looking down upon the shoppers here, I just had to take a photo - they reminded me of the Queen Vic on a Saturday afternoon. (The Queen Vic is the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne)


Above: Cosmo’s World Theme Park
Ever wished for a theme park and a shopping centre all in one? Well, at Berjaya Times Square, you can do just that. I could hear what sounded like rides, laughter nad music all rolled into one and wondered where it was coming from. Imagine my surprise at seeing this! It was just wonderful - colouful and vibrant.

I was fascinated by the shapes and design. Just think - you can drop the kiddies off here for a couple of hours, go shopping, take the weight off your feet and have a cuppa, then all sit down and watch a movie later at one of the cinemas! wow! That's what I call a great fun day out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...