Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Wednesday

26. 12 Hours To Go

Well, the time is slowly drawing ever closer. It's 12.05pm here in Melbourne and early today I checked in online and printed my boarding pass. I tried to buy a meal for one of my other flights but Air Asia's website is up the creek - I keep getting a page saying, "Oops the page you were loooking for has taken flight" and to please check their new web page. It would be good if I actually was taken to their new web page, but it doesn't happen.

Ringing Air Asia didn't help either - the nice gentleman said I couldn't book a meal because my flight was less than 24 hours away. Fine! I tried again, this time for my KL>Siem Reap flight which is on Friday (12 March) but no salada - same thing "Oops the page has taken flight" etc. etc. etc.

The inflateable pillow they sell which I tried to buy is "Currently out of stock" as is the Air Asia suitcase tags, the travel pack (pillow, blanket and mask), and travel pouch. When I mentioned this to the Air Asia representative, he informed me although the website says they're out of stock, when I go to the checkin counter I can buy it from them. I hope this is correct - and that it's the same price as online.

Did the cash passport thingy today - $15 charge, it turns out the lady down the road (different company) charges less - $3 or $4 less. Anyway, asked for US$200 - that'll be AUD$246 please. What? I checked it online and the AUD amount is
$218.567 - 1 US dollar is 1.09283 AUD. She told me the exchange rate was 86 cents - big difference. I must look into this later and see why.

My suitcase is almost packed, just a few bits and pieces to go in. After that it's off to pay a bill, buy another SD memory card for my camera, then hair cut at the hairdressers, go to work, come home, check that I haven't forgotten anything and cook a "nice dinner please mum" for Junior. I hope he'll be satisfied with pasta, although I would have prefferd meat and vegies though.

One thing I did do and I'm quite proud of myself - I finally did my room - folded all the clothes I'd left scattered everywhere, picked up the bits and pieces, threw out the papers I didn't need, sorted other papers into a nice, neat pile and placed it on the bedside table. And plonked the red teddy bear on top of it. All ready to be sorted and filed when I come home. But...and thsi is very important, at least my bedroom looks like a "normal" room again. I even made the bed, and best of all, now when I stand in the doorway, I see - carpet.

Time is now 10.07pm - 3 hours to go
The suitcase is all packed, all I need to do is get changed - I'm leaving this to the last minute as it's cold here and I'll be wearing very light clothing. Son is on his way to pick me up and take me to the airport. I'm looking forward to this trip, but I fell very nervous at the same time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...