Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

11. Finding Information - 1

Finding information about Malaysia was not easy. When I plan to travel, I always start my research months beforehand by collecting brochures from travel agents and reading all I can find. Addedto this, I either contact the tourist information centre for that area, usually there's an 1800 number or a 1300 number. For those who may be unfamiliar with Australian telephone numbers, those beginning with 1800 are free calls and those starting with 1300 are charged at the rate of a local call. If both these numbers are unavailable, I send emails to the appropriate tourist centres.

There was very little to be found on both Malaysia and Cambodia. Either the tourist brochures were about Asia and listed several countries, with only a small portion devoted to both the countries I will visit, or there was nothing. The best I could find was (for example) Singapore and Malaysia, and Vietnam and Cambodia. There were plenty of glossy pages devoted to high end hotels but very little on the actual areas. And if you're looking for information on budget hotels and guesthouses - forget it. It isn't to be found.

You're betrter off either going online and/or asking on a travel website.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...