Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

9. Climate

Transport for Cambodia is worked out. Many guesthouses and hotels have their own drivers and mine is no exception. I could have either a tuk tuk or a car, thinking of the colourful trishaws around Melacca and Penang, I went for the tuk tuk. On seeing someon'es blog about their time at Angkor, it was just like a horse and cart, sans the horse - think cart pulled by a motorbike. A car might have been a cooler mode of transport - presumably it would be air-conditioned! The tuk tuk while having an overhead cover is exposed to the elements. Think of all that heat - oh my, I think the heat bothers me more than any of the other harrowing stories I've been told be well-meaning folk who take a serious delgight in pointing out all the horrors and pitfalls that can befall am overseas visitor.

Hearing that the weather in Penang at the moment was rather hot, I asked what "rather hot" meant. Was given a website called WUNDERGROUND and looked up Penang's weather.

I have selected the cities/places I'll be staying and set up MY FAVOURITES. I'm now going to save this page under "Useful Links" in the sidebar and call it Weather Forecasts.

Just checked and and it works - yippee! Now any time I want to check the weather all I need to do is click on "Weather Forecasts".

The reason I spoke of the heat bothering me, on looking at Penang's forecast for next Wednesday, it says High: 34°C, Heat Index: 45°C. Bloody hell, 34º is what we call "stinking hot", but 45º - I think I'm gonna die from the heat. I complain when it gets to 34º and up, the only time I remember the temperature being anywhere near 45º was on Black Saturday when we had 46.4º and it was terrible - hot northerlies which burnt your legs even when in the shade. Ah well, if I can survive the heat...someone said look on the bright side - you might come back 10 kgs lighter. I wish.

Ah well, it's good to have a bit of a whinge - after all, the weather is always a good topic of conversation for at least thirty minutes. It's one of the few topics you can talk about when you meet a complete stranger.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...